There are several questions you should answer to determine the “fit” of the grant opportunity for your court. These initial questions include:
- Does the funding opportunity align with your needs?
- Is your agency and your project eligible for the grant?
- Can your agency meet the mandatory requirements?
- When is the grant application due? Do you have enough time to put forward a quality application?
- What percentage of applications will be funded? If you are new to grant writing, you should primarily be looking for funding opportunities where the expected number of awards exceeds 20.